Search This Blog

Thursday 1 March 2018

SNOWED UNDER ON THE FIRST DAY OF MARCH 2018 IN WEST YORKSHIRE

While the rest of the country is dealing with varying amounts of snowfall, I am dealing with it by photographing it and looking out of the window.  There is a kind of old tradition of saying "White Rabbits" on the first day of the month to ensure good luck for the month.  Well, if there are any white rabbits out there today, I won't be able to see them.  sigh   It's my birthday tomorrow and I think the chances of the postman getting through with whatever is about zero to nil, unless whatever (I always treat myself for my birthday) is dropped in by helicopter.  I think the odds of that is about the same as me getting to sit in a sunny garden room with the temperature about 20 celsius.  Meanwhile, it all does look rather picturesque out there.






Garden room on a snowy day, 01 March 2018















Snow in West Yorkshire, 01 March 2018


 

Alfie looking out at the snow, rather forlornly.  The joke is, Alfie won't go out unless it is Goldilocks weather.  Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy, not too rainy, and most definitely not too snowy...