Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2015

FOR THE LOVE OF LEWISIAS

I know, I know, I have mentioned lewisias so many times before but I just cannot get over the beauty of them, how easy they are to grow, how unforgiving of harsh winters they are, how generous they are in giving.  I have not bought a single one that has perished and yet, after planting them in a gritty compost, in terracotta or plastic pots, in a sunny aspect, I just leave them to get on with it.  And get on with it they do.  I have even split one into several and so for the price of one, I ended up with about six.  Is it any wonder that I love them so much.  Just look...






Lovely Lewisias. 

The orangey one in bud, on the right of the above image, is the one that, as you can see, has been split into several.  Look at all those buds just waiting to burst open, just for me. 






Lewisia tweedyi 'Rosea; in a terracotta pot






A cerise and a peach lewisia