Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

RASPBERRIES FOR BIRCHER MUESLI

I first came across Bircher Muesli at Betty's cafĂ©/restaurant near Harrogate.  My version of Bircher Muesli is oats and sultanas soaked overnight in apple juice and then mixed the following morning with fruit, fresh or frozen, or a mix of the two, as well as a good helping of chopped hazelnuts.  There are lots of different recipes on the internet, if you are interested and some include honey and yoghurt.  Lately I have been using fresh strawberries and raspberries when available, and frozen cherries, blueberries, and raspberries when not.  My Polka raspberry canes have produced a good cupful of berries for my breakfast in the morning and although there aren't many, they are healthy and without any sort of insect invasion.