Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 July 2013

GLADIOLI NANUS MIX - LACK OF FLOWERS

Oh dear.  Not exactly a great success with the gladioli then, not yet anyway.  I planted the Nanus Mix corms earlier this year expecting a fabulous display and so far only two have flowered although there are plenty of leaves to show that the other corms are not dead.  I think there are possibly one or two more flower spikes on the way but I have a feeling that some will be blind, i.e. without flowers.  It could be that they are not happy in the trough I planted them in but perhaps I am rushing things as it does say on the packet that they flower from July to September.  Have to say though that the two that are flowering right now are absolutely beautiful with a lovely combination of red and yellow. I wasn't expecting that as none of the flowers in the photograph with the corms were anything near as pretty.






Gladioli Nanus Mix - red and yellow flower

I would love to cut the two gladioli spikes and bring them indoors, but I just cannot bring myself to do it.  Maybe later if more flowers are produced. 


 




Gladioli Nanus Mix - Not many flowers yet.