Search This Blog

Monday 8 July 2013

CAREFREE DAYS - PATIO ROSE

Last year I bought three patio roses and they were planted in something like 8 inch pots.  I just didn't believe that they would do so well stuck in pots and they didn't look particularly happy about it towards the end of autumn, so I transplanted them into the front of my sunniest garden border.  They have taken off.  'Carefree Days', the prettiest of all if you ask me, has turned into a lovely shaped and small bush and is full of pink blooms with yellow centres, and so many buds getting ready to open.  You can see how neat in size it is if you compare it with the solar light next to it. 






Carefree Days patio rose 07 July 2013






Carefree Days patio rose summer 2012

The other patio roses, Ruby Ruby and Sweet Wishes, are a bit behind Carefree Days but they look very promising, are healthy, disease and pest free, and full of buds.  I will post photos when they produce blooms.