Search This Blog

Thursday 22 June 2023

CHALK PAINTED KOALA BEAR POT

Of all the pots and tubs I have painted for my garden and indoors, I think this Panda one has to be my favourite. My preference is not just based on the decoration but that it goes so well with the Jade Plant (crassula ovata) that I have in it and which I have had for many years. Although it never makes a lot of roots, the drunk is getting thicker and thicker. I keep it indoors most of the year with frequent trips for it into the garden for some sunshine. The small crassula you see in the pot are cuttings which I will eventually move. I want to try something different with them, yet to be decided. 

Decorated terracotta pot
Although my Jade plant has never flowered, I used to have one many years ago at another home in a south facing conservatory. When Jade plants bloom they are covered in tiny white starlike flowers. 

The terracotta pot was actually a broken one which I fixed with adhesive and lightly covered the polyfilla which I lacquered inside and out before painting over the outside with Annie Sloan chalk paint. The 'Panda Sweet' rub-on transfers are by ReDesign at Prima. 

Decorated terracotta pot
Decorated terracotta pot
Decorated terracotta pot