Search This Blog

Friday 31 July 2020

CRISP JAMES GRIEVE APPLES AND SUNSHINE

It's been many weeks since I last posted anything about my garden. The Covid-19 pandemic caused many changes in many lives since it began around December 2019, and my life was also affected, of course. I wasn't able to go and mooch around the garden centres like I so often do in spring and summer, and so I don't have the lovely hanging baskets that I usually have on my east-facing wall. Not only that virus, we have had mercurial weather with it being sunny and glorious during the period when the UK was in lockdown and then rainy day upon rainy day when lockdown was eased and people wanted to get out. Anyway, today we have glorious sunshine and my garden has thrived where many people have not. The apples on the dwarf James Grieve apple tree are fat and promising. 
James Grieve apples on dwarf tree

Bear in mind, when looking at the photograph of the James Grieve apples on the dwarf tree, that the tree is less than 4ft (120cm) high. It has over 2 dozen apples on it. If I tell you that I have never eaten such beautiful apples as the ones that grow on my little tree, it would not be an exaggeration. James Grieve apples are crisp, full of flavour with a slight acidity to them that makes ones mouth water. 
James Grieve apples on dwarf tree

James Grieve apples on dwarf tree