Search This Blog

Sunday 27 October 2019

OSTEOSPERMUM JUCUNDUM OVERWINTERED OUTDOORS

Last winter, by accident, I left an Osteospermum juncundum in a garden container and it survived. Osteospermums are South African plants and to think it survived all winter here, high up on the Pennine Mountains of West Yorkshire, is remarkable, I think. When I saw it growing in spring, I repotted it and it has flowered all summer, making bud after bud. It's lovely and healthy.  In fact, it is still in flower right now, late October, and still full of buds.  This winter, though, I am taking no chances and I've  taken it into my garden room. You watch, it'll drop dead on me now I'm giving some of my tender loving care! 




Osteospermum jucundum 

According to the Royal Horticultural Society information on Osteospermums, they have a plant hardiness rating of H3.