Search This Blog

Sunday 26 May 2019

VIOLAS AND OSTEOSPERMUM JUNCUNDUMS AKA AFRICAN DAISIES

I don't often go for clashingly contrasting colours in my garden but I like this jolly little pot of violas and Osteospermum jucundums (African Daisies).   The orange Osteospermum jucundums actually survived outside, in a pot, unprotected, throughout last winter and I never expected it to keep on going.  So, I planted a tray of pretty, multi-coloured, violas around it expecting the Osteospermum to die off, but it didn't, and it's orange, bright orange.  I think it deserves to live and they all look rather jolly together in the one container.




Violas surrounding a centrally planted Osteospermum jucundum (African Daisy) plant




Sometimes gaudy is good.






Colourful bunch of cut flowers from M&S




Violas grown in a border - 2013




Osteospermum jucundum flower, orange with yellow centre