Search This Blog

Thursday 6 September 2018

DAHLIA 'TAHITI SUNRISE' 'POOH' and 'FASCINATION'

The other day I was mooching around the RHS garden centre at Harlow Carr and I couldn't help but notice a stunning dahlia called Tahiti Sunrise.  Fabulous pink (which went perfectly with my nail varnish!) and a soft-yellow at the base of the petals.  I had to take a photo, see below, and it has not been digitally altered in any way whatsoever.  Although I don't grow dahlias any more (too much faffing around overwintering them), I still admire their spectacular and varied flower displays and envy those who can have borders filled with them without losing them to freezing temperatures during winter months. 




Dahlia 'Tahiti Sunrise'






If you get confused about the difference between dahlia dead heads and flower buds, at this internal link you can see the difference quite clearly.




I used to grow a lovely dahlia called Fascination but, after years or growing from the same tuber, I went and forgot to protect it one year and it is now, sadly, deceased.  It was a real bee magnet too.










I grew Pooh dahlia too.




A dahlia called 'Pooh'