Search This Blog

Sunday 6 May 2018

ZONAL PELARGONIUM (GERANIUM) CUTTINGS DOING WELL

We are having glorious weather here on the Pennines of West Yorkshire.  Yesterday it was sunshine from dawn to dusk with the gentlest of breezes, and inside the garden room it reached 27 degrees celsius with both doors and the window wide open.  The pelargonium cuttings (geranium cuttings, if you prefer to call them that) which I took this spring (I always do mine in spring) have all taken but one.  You can see how I do it in the link.   This year I put two cuttings into each small pot.  As I have mentioned before, all my zonal pelargoniums are the descendants of one plant I bought years ago.







Window box (trough) of Pelargoniums (photo taken through glass, summer 2012)







Above: If you put a trough under your living room or kitchen window and plant it with red zonal pelargoniums, this is what you might see from inside summer through autumn.  Nice, huh?  I do it every year.




Zonal pelargonium cuttings and Alfie, the Ragdoll cat - 06 May 2018




Alfie, the resident Ragdoll cat, soaking up the sun 06 May 2018