Search This Blog

Thursday 8 March 2018

SNOW RETURNS TO GREAT BRITAIN - 08 MARCH 2018

Well, that wasn't much of a break.  After being stuck indoors for eight days, including on my birthday, I managed to get out this week after it had all gone.  In fact, yesterday was a beautiful day, devoid of rain and snow and sleet and wind.  We had sunshine.  I took the opportunity to drive up to Harlow Carr, to have brunch at Bettys with a friend.  It was glorious.  And when I got home I went into the garden room which had warmed up to a staggering 15 degrees celsius, and read for a while.  But I knew that snow was forecast for this morning and I chose not to believe it.  I chose to tell myself that the weather forecasters have got it wrong before, that they can get it wrong again, but they didn't.  Sigh. Why do they always get the forecast right when the weather's going to be lousy?  But there is beauty in many things if you just look for it, and I didn't have to look far.  I noticed that my Syringa Red Pixie (a dwarf lilac) was all decked out like a lovely little Christmas tree. 







Syringa Red Pixie decorated with snow - 08 March 2018




Syringa (Lilac) Red Pixie in summer 2017

On my way home from Betty's yesterday, I called at a large M&S store and treated myself to some (belated) birthday roses, using a gift voucher from a friend. 




Red roses reminding me of summer







Roses are red, but what a pity they have no fragrance

Snowy garden - again.  There are gardening jobs to be done and here am I, awaiting warmer weather to inspire me to get on with it. 




A back garden again covered in snow - March 8, 2018