Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 January 2018

2018 BEGINS WITH A SUPERMOON (WOLFMOON)

Happy New Year to everyone reading this.  2018 began with a supermoon lighting up my garden last night, and everything else!  I would have missed it except that I was in the kitchen, the lights were off and the blinds down, and yet the work surfaces were flooded with light coming under the bottom of the blinds.  Now, I don't have an outside light so I wondered where it was coming from and there it was, the moon, Earth's faithful companion, big and bold and bright.  I took photos but I'm afraid my lack of photography skills didn't do it justice. 




Supermoon (Wolfmoon), 1st January 2018, 9.51pm




Supermoon (Wolfmoon), 1st January 2018, 9.51pm

December 3, 2017 was blessed with a supermoon too.   I missed that but got a good shot of the supermoon, glorious in a blue morning sky, on 8 December, 2017.




We've had some pretty harsh weather lately although nothing compared with what other countries have faced.  We've had some very short bouts of snow (which didn't stick around for long) but it was the freezing temperatures and the black ice that caused some havoc on the roads and just about polished off the last of my garden's flowers.  More bad weather is on the way, which is fair enough for this time of year.  We are warned that Storm Eleanor and heavy rain is on the way.  We'll see.  The sky this morning, all hot colours, did seem to agree with the Met Office - Red in the morning, sailors' warning. 










2 January 2018, 9.34am