Search This Blog

Friday 31 July 2015

WATER DISPENSER / DRINKER BOTTLE FOR WILD BIRDS

I've become very fed up lately of having to clean out the wild birds' water dish once, twice, or more times daily.  They will keep pooping in it and it spreads disease.  It's not the little birds that do it (they're too busy decorating my garden swing!) it's the big ones, like the Wood Pigeon, that are the culprits.  So, while mooching at the garden centre today I bought a good investment in time saving: a Gardman 'Water Drinker' for birds.  No sooner had I filled it and hung it up outside, birds were coming for a drink.  So sweet.  It holds plenty of water but the water dish is too small for the big birds to perch on.  I've not been mean, they will be able to drink from it by standing on the top of the garden shed but they will have a difficult time of it trying to leave a 'deposit' in the water. 




Blue Tit at Gardman 'Water Drinker'

I shall still have to clean it to try to prevent the spread of disease, but at least I won't have to do it several times a day.


Blue Tit at Gardman 'Water Drinker'