Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2015

LONICERA PERICLYMENUM 'SCENTSATION' IN BUD AND BLOOM

There's a lot going on in my garden right now with summer plants making buds, baby birds coming and going from the feeding station, and tiny Bumble bees invading flowers for pollen.  The weather has warmed up somewhat after quite a prolonged and cold spring, and I was really pleased to see that the honeysuckle - Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation' - that I cut back last year (after it followed the sun and started hanging over my fence and showing off to the neighbours) has produced hundreds of beautiful buds my side of the fence (north-facing fence) and the one or two flowers that are already open look beautiful. 




Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation'

I love the way the many buds form just one whole flower on the honeysuckle.  













Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation' buds