Search This Blog

Sunday 14 June 2015

BIRD VISITORS TO MY GARDEN A RAINY DAY IN JUNE

I moved the bird feeding station the other day, closer to the fence and to neighbouring trees, only by about six feet but I seem to be getting a lot more visits.  I am always on the lookout for new birds, like the Great Spotted Woodpecker that came by the other day but which I have not seen since.  Today, I was still pleased to see my regularly bird friends.  It's a bit of a rainy day and the birds seem very active and rather hungry.  I'm glad I can help them out.  There's sunflower seed for all.  I'm afraid the images are rather poor and heavily cropped.  I had to take the photos from inside the house, looking through the kitchen window. If I had opened the door to get closer, they'd have flown away.











Goldfinch (left) and a Greenfinch






Greenfinch (left) and a Blue Tit






Two Sparrows and an upward-looking Greenfinch






Sparrow (left) and a Robin