Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 December 2014

SPARROWS, THRUSHES, AND SQUIRRELS

It's a busy time in the garden for the birds eating the seed, and for me filling the containers!  My garden has become very popular as the weather gets colder.  The thrushes seem to love the home-made fat balls for the birds that I have hung out in a special holder. 






Thrushes dining on home-made fat balls

I've not seen too many grey squirrels lately but one visited the other day and it is easy, by one photograph in particular, to see why people call them tree rats.  Personally, I think they are enchanting and entertaining creatures and they are welcome to dine at my expense any time they like. 






Grey squirrel helping itself to bird seed






Grey squirrel showing its white underbelly.

You can see why some people call them tree rats.




Six sparrows on one feeder helping themselves to bird seed.