Search This Blog

Thursday 30 October 2014

CHERRY TREE, PRUNUS AVIUM STELLA AT AUTUMN LEAF FALL

It's quite lovely right now where I live with autumn turning the leaves of the trees and shrubs all sorts of shades of red, orange and gold.  The small Prunus avium Stella (Gisela 5) which is growing in a large pot sunk into my garden border is looking rather bare after high winds the other day.  Even so, it's rather lovely with its mostly naked stems with large leaves hanging here and there.  I took a few photos of the leaves today and couldn't resist editing them a little on the computer. 




Prunus avium Stella autumn leaves





This little tree gives so much pleasure in the garden.  It has lovely white flowers in spring, sweet red cherries in summer, and now lovely golden leaves in autumn.  What more could I ask of it?



Click here if you want to check out about pruning cherry trees.  The notes are useful for me, so that I can try and remember to prune my small tree early next spring.








Cherry tree, Prunus avium Stella Gisela 5, leaves in autumn






Cherry tree, Prunus avium Stella Gisela 5, leaves in autumn