Search This Blog

Friday 5 September 2014

BICOLOURED BEGONIAS - BERTINI CRISPA MARGINATA - WHITE/RED

It's a warm and sunny day today and if September manages to keep up this weather, it'll be a lot better than rainy August, that's for sure.  Plants in the pots need attention when it's like this and I keep feeding the leafy plants with Miracle-Gro and the plants that are flowering with Phostrogen.  Even after all these years of gardening, I still get confused with regarding to feeding my plants as to how, and when, and why, and which, and what, so I tend to just do my thing and hope I don't kill them.  I do know that nitrogen promotes leaf and Phostrogen promotes flowers, so there is some method in my confusion.   The three bicoloured begonias in a terracotta pot, facing south, in the porch at the front of my home are doing well after taking a time to flower.  I'm feeding them with Phostrogen.  They've been flowering for a few weeks now and still there are lots of buds on the way.  I took a nice couple of close-up shots with my new camera a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd share.  The flowers are quite large and showy, at about 10cm (4in) diameter. 




Begonia Special Bertini Crispa Marginata - White/Red






Begonia Special Bertini Crispa Marginata - White/Red