Search This Blog

Monday 4 August 2014

GREENFINCH WITH A MOUTHFUL OF SUNFLOWER SEEDS

The weather has been wonderful today, so sunny with a cooling breeze and it's been fairly quiet in the garden with regard to visiting birds.  I've seen the feral pigeon, and a young male Great Tit coming and going.  I keep hoping to see colourful Goldfinches so I can try to take a photograph of them but I haven't seen any for a long time, not since last year.  I did manage to get a photograph of this Greenfinch which popped around for a meal when the restaurant was relatively quiet the other evening and when I focussed him down the camera lens, I had to laugh at the sight of how much it had stuffed into its mouth.  Instead of eating or flying away, it stuck around and I could not help but think that it was trying to figure out how it could possibly get more seeds between its beak before it left.  Greedy little Greenfinch.






Greenfinch with a mouthful of sunflower seeds