Search This Blog

Monday 28 July 2014

SWINGTIME AND SOUTHGATE TRAILING FUCHSIAS IN HANGING BASKETS

Several weeks ago, and rather late, I planted four hanging baskets with Swingtime and Southgate trailing fuchsias.  They were not very big and I pinched out the tips of the shoots in order to make the plants bushy rather than straggly with just a few branches trailing sadly down the side of the container, which I see so often elsewhere.  The pinching out has worked but it has been an age for the fuchsias to get a move on and flower.  Fortunately now the baskets are full of shoots with plenty of buds and at last I have some flowers.  I planted three of each type to a basket which made me a bit concerned that I might have overdone it but so far, so good. 






Southgate, trailing fuchsia

 




Swingtime, trailing fuchsia






Swingtime fuchsia stamens - Macro photograph






Swingtime and Southgate, trailing fuchsias in the rain