Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2014

TRAILING PELARGONIUM 'BURGUNDY'

It's a whole new world out there, I have discovered since investing in a Canon EOS 6D camera and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens.  While I'm the world's greenest photographer in terms of being a novice with a 'grown up' camera, I'm finding it fascinating aiming my lens at plants and discovering that a whole lot more is going on out there.  If all this microscopic activity is happening in my garden, what might there be outside my garden border?  But one step at a time.  It's all I can do right now to keep the object of my photographical desire in focus. 

Trailing pelargonium 'Burgundy'

So many things in the garden are taking their time coming into bloom that it's seriously frustrating.  I took the above photograph yesterday of a trailing 'Burgundy' pelargonium that was flowering so well at this time last year and has managed to survive outside all through our relatively mild winter in a container on the wall.  Right now, it is just on the point of bud burst and if it could just get a move on...

I hadn't realised how hairy the buds are, how very beautiful they are.  While I don't pretend to have the best eyesight in the world, my vision is still pretty good and yet I am missing so much.  Now there is going to be a whole new category on my gardening website, dedicated to my macro photographs.  I hope you enjoy them.