Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 March 2014

ALPINE HOUSE, RHS GARDENS, HARLOW CARR

At the RHS Gardens in Harlow Carr, near Harrogate, they have this huge Alpine House where they grow a fabulous range of flowering alpines set on top of a kind of sandstone wall or rockery.  They look really beautiful and every time I have visited, something is in bloom.  But I think this must be a very special time of year because when I visited yesterday, the place was alive with colour. Cleverly the staff grow many of the plants in pots so that they can move them around for the best display, and replace them at will.  It's a lovely place to be, so warm and light.  If only I could take my sunbed along.






Alpine House at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr - 11 March 2014

 





Alpine House at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr - 11 March 2014

 





Alpine House at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr - 11 March 2014