Search This Blog

Sunday 4 August 2013

JASMINUM OFFICINALE IN FULL BLOOM

I planted the Jasminum Officinale in my garden, on the north-facing fence, over three years ago and finally, at long last, it is full of buds and flowers.  I imagine it can be even more spectacular but considering that the first two years there wasn't a bud, and last year there were just a few buds, I am grateful for what I can get.  Of course, now that it has reached the top of the fence it is getting some sunshine from the south and it also gets sunshine in the afternoon when the sun swings around and above the top of the bungalow roof.  The climber is so pretty really, with delicate leaves, pink-pointed buds, and pure white flowers; and on top of that there is the heavenly perfume.  It's managed to climb into the neighbouring rose, New Dawn and they support each other. 






Jasminum Officinale


 




Jasminum Officinale






Jasminum Officinale