Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 July 2013

RETRACTABLE ELECTRIC, MOTORISED AWNING FOR SHADE




I have wanted an awning at the back of my home for quite a long time and yesterday it arrived.  Although you can't see very well from the photo, there are terracotta coloured stripes that pick out the red brick of the wall.  While my kitchen window gets little sunlight in the winter months, in the heat of summer the sunshine doesn't leave the patio area until well after midday and it can be quite uncomfortable trying to sit at my marble table with the sun beating down on my head and the light bouncing off the table.  My awning is motorised, electric, fully retractable, and looks kinda nice, I think.  Actually, it looks like a cafĂ©.  








Awning retracted




Awning extended

We've had several days of sunshine and very high temperatures, almost up to 30C but today it is cloudy.  Typical!