Search This Blog

Thursday 25 July 2013

LITTLE SWEETHEART

As a birthday present, a friend bought me Little Sweetheart (Lathyrus odoratus) sweet pea seeds with a small metal bucket painted white and a little compost, all in a nice gift box.  Of course, I planted the peas in the container but had my doubts as to how the plants would cope growing outside, rain or shine.  The seeds germinated but, as I suspected, the small metal container soon became pot bound and so I transferred the whole lot into a bigger plastic tub.  I think they are doing rather well.  They are a bit more vigorous than I expected Little Sweetheart to be, which is supposed to grow from 8-12 inches in height, so I put in a small frame for the tendrils to grab onto.  They look pretty and smell divine.  I shall grow these again.









Little Sweetheart sweet peas