Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 June 2013

AQUILEGIA and DICENTRA FORMOSA LUXURIANT

It's been yet another fabulous day far too hot for much gardening.  I've watered a few plants, tied in the tomatoes in the Growhouse - they are growing very well, and checked the roses for greenfly; giving any greenfly a not-too-gentle squeeze.  While pottering, I noticed how beautiful a pink aquilegia and the pink Dicentra formosa Luxuriant look together.  Harmonious combinations, such as these two pinks, can often be a matter of accident or pure good luck but I will keep this in mind for the future.  Incidentally, they both have beautiful leaf shapes, as you can see.  I realise that both the aquilegia and dicentra in the below image are a little bit aged now, but I thought I would share all the same, so you can see for yourself.






 


Below there are other aquilegias that have self-seeded and grow together.  Shades and tints of blue and pink.







I mentioned a white aquilegia in an earlier post, which has an amazing number of quite perfect blooms on just a small plant.