Search This Blog

Saturday 17 June 2023

BIRD FEEDING STATION USED FOR HANGING BASKETS

For a number of years I used a tall bird feeding station for hanging bird feeders but I've moved them elsewhere as I wanted to use the station for hanging plants. I shortened the station and have only hung four lightweight plastic pots containing trailing pelargoniums/geraniums which can stand dry conditions and therefore don't need to be heavy with moisture (like hostas, for example); the bird feeding station would not stand seriously heavy weight. The station is set into a circular base which keeps it stable. 

The pots (and the dustbin) are painted with chalk paint, decorated with rub-on transfers, and protected against sunshine and rain with UV protective lacquer. 


I got the trailing pelargoniums/geraniums through the post and they were a little slow to get growing but they are doing well now with flower buds forming.

The bird feeding station is by Tom Chambers, as is the base I chose which is suitable for patios.