Search This Blog

Friday 12 October 2018

WHITE BACOPA HANGING BASKET

I know that I've mentioned my bacopa hanging baskets earlier.  But I want to mention them again because they have been so very lovely since I planted up four bacopa hanging baskets in April.  I have four hanging from the back wall of my home.  They get sun in the morning for a few hours (when we do have sun - this is the UK you know) and it is now mid October and they are still looking glorious.  I know they probably will be killed off at some point by a hard frost but for now they are doing very well.  The nice thing about bacopa hanging baskets is that the plants dead head themselves which is a very good thing considering that they flower by the thousands, over and over again.  Take a look...




White bacopa hanging basket - end Sept 2018

 The above hanging baskets is a large basket with about five bacopa planted into it.  In full flower, like this, it is a good 24in (60cm) wide by about 18in (45cm) high.  If you look carefully you can see hundreds of open flowers, hundreds of new buds, and lots and lots of dead heads about to fall with no effort from me.  In other words, apart from watering and the regular feed (I use Phostrogen), my bacopa hanging baskets just get on with it on their own. 




White bacopa flowers, buds, and dead heads




White bacopa flowers, buds, and dead heads