Search This Blog

Monday 9 July 2018

BEAUTY IN AGE AND DECAY - A CREAM FLOWER

Now and then it seems to me that a flower or leaf can be just as beautiful in age as it can when young and fresh.  I suppose that just depends upon on our personal perspective, our point of view.  Many years ago, a young man said to me, when I was well past my prime, "The older the moon, the brighter it shines".  I thought that rather nice. 




Cream flower - beauty in age and decay










I believe the above flower is, or was, a Cosmos flower.  Someone had brought a bunch of flowers to an art class and just left them there.  I never saw it other than as it is in the photo but it caught my attention and I thought it beautiful enough to photograph it. 





Perhaps you think that this article has no place in a gardening blog but, really, it has because sometimes when flowers fade in our gardens and we are there with our secateurs, ready to chop off their heads, they are worth bringing indoors, placing in a vase, and using in an arrangement.