Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 April 2015

CHERRY BLOSSOMS ON PRUNUS AVIUM STELLA GISELLA 5

My cherry tree is full of blossoms and I can only hope that the tree will flower as beautifully as last year, that (unlike last year) a raging wind will not come along and knock off all the flowers before the pollinating insects get a chance to do their job, and that I will get more than a very small handful of cherries at the end of it all.  One can only hope.






Prunus avium Stella Gisela 5 - cherry blossoms

My cherry tree is grown in a very large pot which is sunk into the garden border.  This year I have put a layer of fresh compost on the top of the old compost and placed a plastic trellis on the pot so that my cat, Alfie, will be discouraged from using it as a bird-spotting hideout (see bottom image below).  He thinks I cannot see him but his blue eyes are a dead giveaway.






Prunus avium Stella Gisela 5 - cherry blossoms




Cherry blossoms on 26 April 2014




Alfie on the cherry tree pot.