Search This Blog

Thursday 16 October 2014

RAINY DAYS AND RAINDROPS ON FLOWERS

I'm not overly fond of photographs of dewdrops, raindrops, or any kind of waterdrops that look more contrived than natural.  Just lately we have had a lot of rain here in the U.K., or at least in West Yorkshire and my garden is turning into a soggy mess in places as the neighbouring trees have dumped their autumnal leaves all over the lawn and borders.  I went out to sweep up and bag all the leaves that I could and noticed that some of the flowers look lovely covered in rain drops.  Out came the camera.  I hope you realise the great risks that I take to get these photos, like a National Geographic photographer out in the forests and jungles.  Ok, maybe not quite the same risks but I was nearly breaking my neck trying to balance and not slip on the muddy sloping soil while getting the photos of the Malva moschata Rosea.  I think it was worth it, particularly as I lived to tell the tale and my camera survived too. 






Malva moschata 'Rosea' after the rain - Macro photograph




Malva moschata 'Rosea' after the rain - Macro photograph




Swingtime fuchsia after the rain - Macro photograph





Southgate fuchsia bud after the rain - Macro photograph







Southgate fuchsia bud after the rain - Macro photograph