Search This Blog

Monday 22 September 2014

'DR RUPPEL' CLEMATIS

I bought several new clematis plants this year and planted Dr Ruppel where the Compassion climbing rose used to be.  I had decided to get rid of most of my roses and aim for a softer, less cruel, plant to adorn my fences.  Actually, I bought two Dr Ruppels because I hadn't realised I'd already bought and planted one!  No problem though because it has turned out to be a beauty.  I'm not just talking about the pretty petals but the reproductive organs of this clematis are simply lovely. 






Clematis 'Dr Ruppel' in full bloom




Clematis 'Dr Ruppel' in full bloom






Clematis 'Dr Ruppel' reproductive organs - Macro photograph




Clematis 'Dr Ruppel' reproductive organs - Macro photograph






Clematis 'Dr Ruppel' reproductive organs, after petals have fallen - Macro photograph



 Clematis: Dr Ruppel and Elsa Spath






Hoverfly on Dr Ruppel clematis - macro photograph