Search This Blog

Sunday 21 September 2014

LACY SEED SHELL IN MY GARDEN

I was just about to mow my small lawn this morning when I spotted a little object blowing around on the grass.  I believe it is a seed shell, about 1.5cm dia. but I have no idea what plant it belongs to as there is nothing else in my garden like it. Perhaps, like the sunflower, it is another gift from the birds.  I had to take a photo of it to show you but decided the photo was rather boring so did a bit of tweaking.  The top photograph is natural, the others have been radically edited.






Lacy seed shell, pointy end towards camera lens - Macro photograph






Lacy seed shell, open end towards camera lens - Macro photograph




Lacy seed shell, sideways view - Macro photograph




Lacy seed shell, open end towards camera - Macro photograph