Search This Blog

Monday 8 September 2014

CLEMATIS, JASMINE, RUNNER BEAN, ROSE, AND SWEET PEA FENCE

Everything goes on the south-facing fence this year.  At one time I had a plan of having a rose garden with a glorious riot of roses going right the way around my small back garden but thorns, disease, and pests put an end to that grand idea.  In a way, I am glad.  'Generous Gardener', a climbing rose, remains on the fence but now it is accompanied with several clematis plants, two jasmine (jasminum officinale and jasmine 'Clotted Cream'), sweet peas, and a solitary runner bean.  I forgot I had planted the runner bean and stuck in a jasmine and a clematis and now have the bean clambering all over them!   Today the weather has been glorious and I noticed that the clematis 'Gillian Blades' had a flower with a deep jasmine shadow going across it.  Had to take a photo.