Search This Blog

Sunday 7 September 2014

BUTTERFLIES LOVE SUNFLOWERS AND ANEMONES

After yesterday's rainy day, we have sunshine.  It's lovely out there and soon I shall be lolling on the swing reading my book.  I keep saying that but things distract me.  This morning the distraction was insects.   The garden's alive with them.  I haven't seen so many butterflies this year and only one so far, a Small White butterfly, has allowed me close enough to take a photo.  That is, until today.  A little brown one came along and first alighted on the sunflower which is slowly opening, and then danced onto the September Charm anemone nearby.   It even sat long enough, quite still, for me to get really close with my camera's macro lens.  Perhaps it could see its reflection in the glass and thought it was another butterfly coming along to say hello.  I don't know why it tolerated me so long, but it did.  I believe it is the Speckled Wood butterfly. 






Speckled Wood butterfly on September Charm anemone






Speckled Wood butterfly on September Charm anemone








Speckled Wood butterfly on September Charm anemone






Speckled Wood butterfly on Sunflower