Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 September 2014

BEAUTY IN AGE AND DECAY


When I bought my new camera, (my only real camera, actually) a month or two ago, my eyes started to open.  I began to see not only the wonder of things through the macro lens but also I developed a different perspective. I began to notice, as I hunted for things to photograph, the beauty in things that were aging and decaying.  Of course, I should have noticed this long ago as I have recognised it in old people for many years. I've taken some photographs already of things I consider beautiful in old age and I shall add posts in this category as I go along.  Here's some for starters.  I hope you like them too.







Ageing ivy leaf with Araneus Diadematus spider
















Rose leaves with disease







Rose leaves with disease



















Ageing New Dawn rose




Rose leaves with disease

















Swingtime fuchsia in old age









Ageing cut flowers





Blackberries in age




Ageing dahlia with hoverfly