Search This Blog

Thursday 3 July 2014

PLANT WITH YELLOW FLOWERS ON ROOF - SEDUM

I returned home this morning after running a couple of errands and upon looking upwards towards my home noticed that there is a plant with lots of yellow flowers growing, quite naturally and happily, on the roof.  I'm quite sure it's a type of sedum but I cannot be exact about which one without actually getting a ladder and climbing up there.  As you might appreciate I couldn't get close to get a sharp photograph but I'm sure many of you will recognise this.  










At a lower level, I noticed that the clematis Arctic Queen which receives my tender loving care and has grown in a pot for a few years, has come down with the dreaded clematis wilt and looks to be on death's door.  I'll cut it down to ground level and hope for the best but it's a real shame because it is full of big fat buds that were on the point of opening.



Thinking of the sedum growing high up there without any help from me, it's kind of ironic, isn't it?  Maybe there's a moral in this story!!!