Search This Blog

Sunday 27 July 2014

LEWISIA COTYLEDON 'SPECIAL MIX' DIVIDING

In June 2013, I bought and brought Lewisia Cotyledon 'Special Mix' into my garden.  I fell in love with its lovely flowers and mound of fleshy, succulent leaves.  In fact, that lewisia grew so well that in spring this year I divided it.  From one plant, I got several.  I just took the original one out of its pot and pulled it apart.  I planted the separated new plants into a terracotta pot and surrounded them with alpine grit.  Not one has failed to thrive.  I thought that flowering was over for this year but, no, a number of the divided plants are now in flower.  Apparently lewisias can flower several times during one season.  Just keep them moist yet free draining during summer with lots of sun. 






Lewisia cotyledon 'Special Mix' all divided from one original plant bought last year