Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2014

BOMBUS LAPIDARIUS BUMBLEBEE COVERED IN WHITE POLLEN

A red-tailed Bumblebee, Bombus lapidarius, visited my garden today and I went and grabbed my camera as quickly as I could.  Fortunately, I had the macro lens on it.  I felt sure that by the time I got back to the Malva moschata 'Rosea' flowers that it would have gone but, as luck would have it, it was still there and it was rolling around in the centre of the flowers and was covered in white pollen.  It was a joy to watch.






Bombus lapidarius, Red-tailed Bumblebee rolling in white pollen

 




Bombus lapidarius Bumblebee rolling in white pollen







Bombus lapidarius Bumblebee rolling in white pollen






Bombus lapidarius Bumblebee rolling in white pollen






Bombus lapidarius Bumblebee






Bombus lapidarius Bumblebee





Save our humble Bumblebees