Search This Blog

Saturday 21 June 2014

WILD EVE AND NEW DAWN - ROSES FOR SHADIER ASPECTS

For several reasons, I have had to get rid of many of the roses that were growing in my garden.  I became tired of combatting rust, blackspot, mildew, aphids, and thorns.  Having a balance problem, it made working around and between the roses a little tricky, to say the least.  Ironically, perhaps, two roses on the north-facing shady side of the garden have been allowed to remain due to their proliferation of blooms and because they have given me less trouble than those that have now gone.  I am writing of the merits of Wild Eve and New Dawn.  I have always grown New Dawn in my garden and right now it is full of dozens, if not hundreds, of buds.  Wild Eve is in bloom with many buds yet to open.  I love them both for their colour and their fragrance.




Wild Eve






















New Dawn










New Dawn







Wild Eve and the honeysuckle Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation'