Search This Blog

Saturday 21 June 2014

SENECIO POLYODON

Senecio Polyodon is a plant that doesn't need big showy flowers to make an impact.  It grows delicately tall (not too tall) with possibly hundreds of vibrant mauve daisies which are really eye catching.  As you can see, I've staked mine with bamboo because it is growing very close to other shrubs and I don't want them to disappear under this plant.  It's stems are stiff enough that it has taken to staking very well and remained upright.  It's a beautiful thing and I promise that the photographs are not doing it justice.  The daisies kept dancing in the breeze and while I tried to be patient I could not catch a moment when they would be totally still and in focus.  It's certainly a good choice for a cottage garden and a mixed border. 






Senecio Polyodon

My Senecio Polydon is growing in full sun, well drained soil.  It's a fully hardy perennial and will keep coming back every year.  It will flower from May to September.   Like many flowering plants, it will self-seed so if you don't want it to spread, dead head as soon as the flowers have faded. 






Senecio Polyodon