Search This Blog

Sunday 29 June 2014

POTENTILLA NEPALENSIS 'MISS WILLMOTT'

Miss Willmott is going rampant in my garden.  She has such lovely leaves and vibrant flowers that I am not at all worried about her behaviour although I know that at some point I am going to have to curtail her habit.  Planted at the front of a border, Miss Willmott has thrown out some vigorous stems which are pushing between neighbouring plants.  It would seem that this non-shrubby potentilla is not only perfect for ground coverage but attracts pollinating insects, like the below hoverfly, too.






Hoverfly on Potentilla napalensis 'Miss Willmott' flower

 




Potentilla nepalensis 'Miss Willmott'

I have planted mine in full sun in moist but well drained soil.  I don't think Miss Willmott is very particular about soil type but she does like sun.  It achieves a height of about 30cm (12in) and a spread of about 30-60cm (12-24in).






Potentilla nepalensis 'Miss Willmott'