Search This Blog

Monday 10 March 2014

RHS GARDENS - HARLOW CARR - HEATHER

I visited the RHS Gardens at Harlow Carr, Near Harrogate, today and there was a lovely display of different coloured heathers (Erica).  In all, I took over 50 photographs as I went around the gardens and most of these I will post under different headings in due course.  The heather display was quite glorious.  Although it's not what I would want for my small garden, heather is lovely in the right place.  I've seen it in very steep gardens where the land has been terraced with rocks and heather grown among them.  Warning: as far as I know heather (Erica) always like acid soil.  If your soil is not acidic but alkaline, you can always grow heather in a tub with an acidic soil or compost. 






Heather display at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, Nr Harrogate - 10 March 2014






Heather display at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, Nr Harrogate - 10 March 2014