Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 October 2013

STRAWBERRIES IN AUTUMN 2013

I'm finding it difficult, in this rainy weather, to get done all the jobs that need doing in the garden.  I've swept up one lot of leaves from the neighbouring trees and bagged them in the hope they will provide compost for next year, but another lot loom heavily overhead.  Meanwhile, I've been marvelling at the perpetual strawberries that are still in flower, still got embryo fruit and still providing ripe fruit.  If only I could get at them all before the slugs do.  The slugs seem to get the biggest and the best, blast the little suckers.  I don't know where they are hiding out but they certainly did a good job of ruining my tomato crop this year.  I feel, often, despondent.  But the ones I picked today, that survived the slugs, will be nice on my Bircher Muesli for breakfast tomorrow.






Perpetual strawberries 15 October 2013








Perpetual strawberries 15 October 2013