Search This Blog

Sunday 1 September 2013

GREENHEAD PARK GROUNDS, HUDDERSFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE

I mentioned the Greenhead Park cafĂ© and conservatory in my previous post and shared pictures with you.  It's a lovely place to visit with friends or with family.  The food looks great and I actually really liked the latte which I ordered - I can be really picky about my coffee.  After we'd enjoyed our coffee and cake, my friend and I had a little stroll around the grounds.  However, it was quite a cool and windy day and so we didn't explore for too long.  I managed to take a few photographs which will give you an idea of what it is like if you live not too far away and might be interested in visiting.  Certainly I had never heard of the park before and was pleasantly surprised.






Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, herbaceous border






Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, herbaceous border






Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, beautiful old trees and old steps

leading up to the paddling pool area








Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, paddling pool






Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, lawns and pergola






Greenhead Park, Huddersfield, lovely place for a stroll