Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 August 2013

ANNUAL FLOWER MEADOW - RHS GARDENS, HARLOW CARR

I visited the RHS Garden at Harlow Carr today and took many photographs.  I've decided, rather than try to cram everything into one or two posts, to cover things more individually in separate posts.  First of all I just have to bring to your attention the beauty of an annual flower meadow.  These are flowers that bloom all summer and then die.  I think many will self-seed or you can sow fresh ones each year but don't they have a jewel-like brightness about them?  When you look at the images you will see just how spectacular the RHS meadow is, albeit small.  It just goes to show that you can grow one in a big area and in a small area too.   Next year, I have it in mind to have one of my own - somewhere.  I just have to find a space. 








Annual Flower Meadow at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, August 2013








Annual Flower Meadow at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, August 2013






 




Annual Flower Meadow at

RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, August 2013




Annual Flower Meadow at RHS Gardens, Harlow Carr, August 2013