Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2015

GALANTHUS 'WORONOWII' SNOWDROPS

Many of my garden plants are waking up after winter, coming out of hibernation now that we are approaching spring.  Primulas are in flower in my north-facing border but some of the flowers are looking rather bedraggled (close up) after the recent bouts of snow and freezing temperatures that we have had here on the Pennine Mountains in the last few weeks, not to mention lashing rain and howling wind which is loosening the trellis on the top of my fences.  Although I thought that last year's display of snowdrops 'Galanthus 'Woronowii' which I have planted in a pot so that I don't go and dig them up (they don't like to be disturbed), was pretty dismal, this year is no better.  Even so, the two flowers that are up right now are cheerful, bright, and a very, very, welcome sight. 






Snowdrop 'Galanthus 'Woronowii' (macro)